International Student Process
ACS welcomes and allows international students from grades 7-12 to apply for admission.
Students enter a rigorous academic program taught through a Biblical Worldview, gain a global perspective, and participate in enriching courses and extracurriculars. ACS offers college preparatory academics, including AP courses and a well-rounded approach to education using the Harkness Method.
The Application Process involves the following:
- A completed International Student online application by the parent, guardian, and student.
- A copy of student passport.
- A financial disclosure form.
- Interview (in person or phone or Skype) with student and parent and/or guardian. During this interview the student's English-speaking level will be evaluated as the interview questions are asked. Students should answer the interview questions as thoroughly as possible to accurately show their ability to communicate in English.
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum score: 90
The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Ambassador. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session. Take the test here
- Official transcripts from the last two years signed and sealed. Official transcripts must be translated into English. If accepted we will also need the student’s current official end of the school year transcript. This transcript must also be signed, sealed, and translated to English.
- Complete record of immunizations, translated into English.
- Application fee of $50
- Admissions decision by ACS Admissions Committee once all of the above steps have been completed.
The application will not be processed until all forms and Duolingo English Test results are received by ACS.
Requirements for Admission
- Excellent grades and accomplishments at current school
- English language proficiency as demonstrated by TOEFL
- Emotional maturity and readiness to attend school away from parents
- Desire for an education that includes Christian values, Bible study, and learning the life and teachings of Jesus Christ
Acceptance and Enrollment
International students are not permitted to enter ACS for the 12th grade only; they must begin in grade 11 or younger. Exceptions to admit 12th grade international may be made if the student has attended multiple years of U.S. schooling prior to Ambassador.
|Applying for 2020-2021 School Year||Date of Birth Must Be:|
|Grade 9 (Class of 2024)||After June 14, 2004|
|Grade 10 (Class of 2023)||After June 14, 2003|
|Grade 11 (Class of 2022)||After June 14, 2002|
|Grade 12 (Class of 2021)||After June 14, 2001|
|Applying for 2021-2022 School Year||Date of Birth Must Be:|
|Grade 9 (Class of 2025)||After June 14, 2005|
|Grade 10 (Class of 2024)||After June 14, 2004|
|Grade 11 (Class of 2023)||After June 14, 2003|
|Grade 12 (Class of 2022)||After June 14, 2002|
|Applying for 2022-2023 School Year||Date of Birth Must Be:|
|Grade 9 (Class of 2026)||After June 14, 2006|
|Grade 10 (Class of 2025)||After June 14, 2005|
|Grade 11 (Class of 2024)||After June 14, 2004|
|Grade 12 (Class of 2023)||After June 14, 2003|
Single Semester Applicants
While single semester applicants are welcome to apply, the Ambassador Admissions Committee gives admissions priority to international students applying to at least one full academic year or longer.
Issuing the I‐20
Upon acceptance to ACS, and after the receipt of the International Student Enrollment Contract and Administration Fee, the I‐20 will be issued to the student. This document is the basis for receiving an F‐1 visa status from the United States Department of Homeland Security. Within two weeks before starting school, the student is expected to secure medical insurance and make sure all immunizations are up to date to attend school.
Specific California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and Central Coast Section (CCS) laws apply to sports participation for international students. International student applicants should request athletic eligibility during the admissions process if school sports teams participation is desired.
ACS does not discriminate among its students on the basis of religious belief. It does not, in the operation of its school, favor or disfavor students on the basis of their religious beliefs such that a reasonable student would assume that the benefits of the school would be more likely conferred upon him or her if the student adopted certain religious beliefs or practices. It does not impose requirements that would tend to discourage prospective students of different religious persuasions from making application to the school or students of different religious persuasions from availing themselves of the school’s programs.