Updates and information about Ambassador High Schools continued preparedness, action and response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Below is a running log of updates and information about Ambassadors response to COVID-19. The updates will be time stamped with the most recent appearing at the top.
All classes and chapels have been moved to online. The campus will remain operational, otherwise.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Today we received the news from Governor Newsom that Los Angeles County schools will not be able to hold in-person classes until the County is off of the state’s COVID-19 watchlist for at least 14 days. There are only a few counties in California that are able to currently reopen, but with strict protocols & guidelines.
Our hearts go out to all of you as we will once again need to prepare for a fully on-line school. God has blessed us with the ability to do so successfully, and we are confident that we can provide rigorous classes and the educational support that your students need. Classes will be meeting on Zoom at the regular scheduled time based on our bell schedule. Teachers will be in their new classrooms meeting with students on Zoom and presenting lessons and holding discussions. The office will be open daily from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm and students are required to attend every online class session and chapel.
We also want you to know that our administration & staff have been working hard to prepare the school to meet all the COVID-19 protocols of the state that are necessary for our eventual re-opening. Just a year ago we were at the LA Galaxy Soccer Center making do with our limited classrooms & office space. Only God could have orchestrated the events of this past year, bringing us to our new location at just the right time.
Here are some of the ways that God has provided for us at our new location to make our eventual reopening possible:
Classrooms large enough to accommodate up to 24/25 students, with 6 feet social distancing.
A large main office & individual office spaces for our administration & staff to be able to do business safely.
A campus with an outdoor eating area & plenty of outdoor space for students to socially distance themselves when spending time with one another.
Technology in every classroom for students who need to continue to stay at home that will allow students to join classrooms via Zoom when necessary.
As we wait for the day when our students can once again step foot safely onto our campus, know that our teachers and staff will do everything that we can to support you as our Ambassador family.
Dr. Michael Barker
Head of School
July 8, 2020: Summer Update - AHS moves to a new campus
March 31, 2020: Safer at Home - AHS stays virtual until May 4th
March 24, 2020: Head of School Update on Coronavirus
March 24, 2020
- Keep praying for God to be the center of your life
- Pray for all the people that have the virus
- Keep attending every class session and keep a regular schedule
- Stay healthy and listen to your parents
- Each of you is the leader that God is preparing for a great work
- Pray for us to have a graduation and prom
- Pray that we are able to return to school and finish the year
March 13, 2020: AHS Response to Coronavirus
March 13, 2020
- Teachers will hold classes using the adjusted bell schedule attached, with all students logging into CANVAS CONFERENCES.
- Students will need to continue to read, complete homework, take exams, participate in discussions, and master content in their courses.
- The mission trip will be postponed until the emergency has been mitigated.
- All sports and events will be cancelled or rescheduled (starting Monday 3/16).
- The school office will remain open so parents and students can call to get technical help or troubleshoot any problems.
- LA Harbor College courses will also be on the LAHC Canvas course websites. The Biology 3 lab professor has also committed to using Canvas to communicate virtually.